What do you need to know as you are looking for a children's dentist in Burnaby? How do you find the right 'fit'?
If you are a parent looking for a dentist for your child – whether he is an infant just sprouting his first teeth or a teenager who needs braces – you definitely want to choose a competent, patient professional who loves working with children.
Choosing the right dentist can be overwhelming, especially when you're not sure what questions to ask.
So, here's a list of great initial questions to ask yourself as you search for a children's dentist in Burnaby.
Before Your First Visit
- Does the dentist have special training or interest in treating children?
- Is the dentist a member of the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry?
- Is the dentist office inviting and friendly for children? Does it offer childrens toys, books, games, or child-sized furniture?
- How does the practice manage children's dental emergencies?
- Is the office conveniently located near your home or your children's school in Burnaby?
- Does the practice accept your dental benefit plan?
After Your First Visit
- Was the dentist and his or her team on time for your appointment?
- Did they ask for a complete medical and dental history for your child? (This is very important!)
- Were the dentist and his team gentle but thorough when examining your child's mouth?
- How did the dentist and her team interact with your child? Was your child engaged and comfortable/
- Did the dentist inform you about your child's tooth development, the causes and prevention of dental disease, and appropriate dental care at home?
- Were your questions treated with concern and respect?
- Was the overall visit positive for your child?
These are just a few things to think about as you look for a children's dentist in Burnaby.